I am like a blunt
Lost to the world
That could once bleed stone
Now gathering dust
In the corners of a forgotten universe
The evanescence of her vocation
There lies within her
An obsidian splendor
A makeshift mirror
Incandescent and honest
A reminder to mankind
That losing one's edge in life
One's mantra for worldly success
Is an elixir to finding oneself
For serendipity is no holy grail
Only the blade of fate
Severing your umbilical cord
To spawn a castaway of life
Who finally learned how to swim.........
Dilantha Gunawardana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Knife by Dilantha Gunawardana )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- change, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- khuda, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- lachari, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- flower, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- hasrat, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- moti, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- Real Help, Edgar Albert Guest
- Onverflauwd groen en blauw-wit, Madrason writer
- गुलाब और सूरज, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- misfortune, oskar hansen