King Has Sent Me His Limousine And The Old Chauffeur!
Alas! Early morning I saw it was parked
At the backyard of my small apartment
And my beloved still sleeps,
The old man asked me to get ready to see the King
And I left without informing her.
'Hey! Scribbler I found your ugly photograph
In my Queen's handbag? '
'O I am so lucky my Honored Queen found it
In the museum last Sunday and I too found her beautiful photo there,
Sir! I take this opportunity to give it back.'
O that strong lashes woke me up!
Thank God! I saw that beautiful Palace once
And first time in my life had a trip in a Limousine!
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (King Has Sent Me His Limousine And The Old Chauffeur! by nimal dunuhinga )
- Reunion, Ron Slate
- Save Your Questions, David Griebel
- Comfort, Alexandra Motschmann
- ISIS and Anti-terror victory, Alexandra Motschmann
- Strange Coincidence, Khairul Ahsan
- THE WRINKLED YOUNG LADY, Visato Kiso
- The Preacher's Wife, Effie Waller Smith
- The Light of Day, David Griebel
- FAIRY TALE PRINCESS, Visato Kiso
- Flowers, David Griebel
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- On the Pulse of Morning, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(November 9 - 1937)