King Has Sent Me His Limousine And The Old Chauffeur!
Alas! Early morning I saw it was parked
At the backyard of my small apartment
And my beloved still sleeps,
The old man asked me to get ready to see the King
And I left without informing her.
'Hey! Scribbler I found your ugly photograph
In my Queen's handbag? '
'O I am so lucky my Honored Queen found it
In the museum last Sunday and I too found her beautiful photo there,
Sir! I take this opportunity to give it back.'
O that strong lashes woke me up!
Thank God! I saw that beautiful Palace once
And first time in my life had a trip in a Limousine!
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (King Has Sent Me His Limousine And The Old Chauffeur! by nimal dunuhinga )
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
- Gulliver, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan