rosalinda flores rosevoc
Just How Can You Write In A Storm?
When your thoughts are not yours but the earths
When all you can do is wait
And grieve how others bear?
Just how can you write in growls of the sky?
And natures' anger and creature's woe
In waves of rain and thieves of grain
In turbulent seasons, echoes of pain?
Just how can you write, how can you think?
When words are sick, and you just pray
When sky is bleak and days are gray
When all's not well and the sun delays?
When your thoughts are not yours but the earth's
And your heart shakes like mountains
And your fear grows like mud,
You are an island in a box of chips
A drop of vaccine, an arrow in the wind
Tight hugs of air and hands that hold
Until in God's breath, bells chime!
rosalinda flores rosevoc's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Just How Can You Write In A Storm? by rosalinda flores rosevoc )
- Life 12, mohammad zaher
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.26, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.25, Monk E. Biz
- Lips, Floy Dy (Floyd) Ra (Floydson)
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.24, Monk E. Biz
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)