Waltz For Zizi
In my room, on the walls
my world, is not in the shape of the world,
The footsteps of a sun,
running from your palm,
through the drapes, and then outside
Clumsy stars, shy because of the sun
try to imitate the freckles
god sold to your mother cheap.
No use, they're not perfect like you.
A ship, fighting with the sea
it's captain wears a mask,
with my face painted on it.
I wonder why?
A clock with skinny arms,
counting the kisses that reach your lips
mine and... someone else's
The man between you and me,
is altering my reflection in your eyes.
Is this a dream?
The poem cannot be faked like a smile,
is this a dream?
are you replacing me already?
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Joker by Waltz For Zizi )
Did you read them?
- Soulful smile, ramesh rai
- Perfection, Donnie Wolff
- Defiled, gajanan mishra
- Be It Trivial And Mundane, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Every creature, gajanan mishra
- How Juice From Fruit Is Produced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Once Indifference Is Shown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- empty without you, Liss March
- Synchronized Heartbeats, Jamal Brown
- New beginnings, Mary Bone
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns