Waltz For Zizi
In my room, on the walls
my world, is not in the shape of the world,
The footsteps of a sun,
running from your palm,
through the drapes, and then outside
Clumsy stars, shy because of the sun
try to imitate the freckles
god sold to your mother cheap.
No use, they're not perfect like you.
A ship, fighting with the sea
it's captain wears a mask,
with my face painted on it.
I wonder why?
A clock with skinny arms,
counting the kisses that reach your lips
mine and... someone else's
The man between you and me,
is altering my reflection in your eyes.
Is this a dream?
The poem cannot be faked like a smile,
is this a dream?
are you replacing me already?
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Joker by Waltz For Zizi )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- To See Him Again, Gabriela Mistral
- A Single Black Rose, Michael Koelliker
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal
- Nature's love and hate song, Anu Shraddha