Wretched childhood had made her
Grasp for every affection felt and seen,
As a saving grace for emptiness there
Such was the frailty of Norma Jean.
Searching forever and gnawed by need
For love and affection from a genuine friend-
Lost in life's jungle, preying beasts would feed
On her errant ways, that would lead to her end.
He met her once more and saw her demise
A spiritless woman shredded by pain
But the love he had she could see in his eyes
They were going to try, make it work again.
Tragedy foiled the last ember they had,
He anguished in grief, sorrowed by her death.
Joe was so torn at the loss of his love
For twenty long years, he would not forget.
Six red roses always sent to her grave
His heart kept her there, gold in memory.
No other woman held the love he gave
To his Norma Jean, treasured faithfully.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Joe's Love by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- AMISS, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- A Fundamental Fruit Of The Soul, Romella Kitchens
- Facebook (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Lover Mother Lover, stephen ifill
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- How Attractive Are You, Shaun Shane
- Daffodil, Shaun Shane
- 06 Perpetual Optimism, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- what i am, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)