Wretched childhood had made her
Grasp for every affection felt and seen,
As a saving grace for emptiness there
Such was the frailty of Norma Jean.
Searching forever and gnawed by need
For love and affection from a genuine friend-
Lost in life's jungle, preying beasts would feed
On her errant ways, that would lead to her end.
He met her once more and saw her demise
A spiritless woman shredded by pain
But the love he had she could see in his eyes
They were going to try, make it work again.
Tragedy foiled the last ember they had,
He anguished in grief, sorrowed by her death.
Joe was so torn at the loss of his love
For twenty long years, he would not forget.
Six red roses always sent to her grave
His heart kept her there, gold in memory.
No other woman held the love he gave
To his Norma Jean, treasured faithfully.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Joe's Love by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri