Wretched childhood had made her
Grasp for every affection felt and seen,
As a saving grace for emptiness there
Such was the frailty of Norma Jean.
Searching forever and gnawed by need
For love and affection from a genuine friend-
Lost in life's jungle, preying beasts would feed
On her errant ways, that would lead to her end.
He met her once more and saw her demise
A spiritless woman shredded by pain
But the love he had she could see in his eyes
They were going to try, make it work again.
Tragedy foiled the last ember they had,
He anguished in grief, sorrowed by her death.
Joe was so torn at the loss of his love
For twenty long years, he would not forget.
Six red roses always sent to her grave
His heart kept her there, gold in memory.
No other woman held the love he gave
To his Norma Jean, treasured faithfully.
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Joe's Love by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Next Time, Joyce Sutphen
- The Night That Comes only Once, Akhtar Jawad
- The Goldsmith, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- বাঁকা চোখে দেখো নাকো, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- Cronyism, Tony Adah
- A Poppy Seed is Only A Poppy Seed and You?, Monk E. Biz
- Look At Me Straight, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- SELF DISCOVERY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Child and Rain, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- LOVE IS..., Beryl Dov