Black Panther Jade, so dark, so sleek,
So pristine in the sun,
Of all God's creatures quite unique,
With beauty that can stun...
For there you pause, so calm, serene,
So gentle, lying still,
Just like the Sphinx, revered when seen,
Hushed breath at such a thrill...
You needn't do a single thing
To make me like you now,
For all the wonder that you bring
Means more to me somehow...
Though we're not friends, this day you're named,
Like pussycats at home,
Your beauty grows with you untamed,
Wherever you may roam...
So you stay there and I'll stay here,
Respecting from afar,
With boundaries so crystal clear
That never jade or jar...
I'll paint a picture to recall,
This moment that we met,
Then gently hang it on the wall
So that I'll not forget...
Denis Martindale, copyright, February 2014.
The poem is based on the magnificent painting by
Stephen Gayford, nb Google search gayfordgallery.
Find more wildlife poems using Google search
for the search phrase Stephen Gayford poetry.
Denis Martindale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Jade by Denis Martindale )
- The Moon And Me, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- The Mighty Tower, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- When will I be Free?, nic berja
- Spreading, Aparna Chatterjee
- To The Milking Gone, Julian Mann
- No Regrets, Nancy Cullen
- Dark Days, micheal john
- Out Of Philosophy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Mind of a man, kedar thapa
- রাজা ভাবতে বসেছে, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
- Palm Tree, Rabindranath Tagore
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- All You Who Sleep Tonight, Vikram Seth
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)