Its Life- Its My Life
Its hard to be me.
Everything isn't what it seems
This facade of happiness.Its not real
On a day to day basis, there's no average meal
Soup kitchens, and a bag o' food from a church
Standing in line for hours, My pride it hurts.
A new pair of Jordan's, I wish, I dream
And you people wonder why I seem so mean
Dealing with Diabetes takes away strength I had
After yelling and screaming, I'm depressed yet mad.
Alone I feel, Completely alone.
Searching for a sense of being, this earth I'll roam
Maybe I could change things, If I were back a Kid.
But I'm 19, and I'm nothing So
I don't want to live.
Dominique Payne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Its Life- Its My Life by Dominique Payne )
- Fear of God?, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Keep On Groovin', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Benefits For Them Do Not Exist, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Come close, hasmukh amathalal
- Cows caught, gajanan mishra
- Discovering God's Will, Tom Zart
- Shining later, hasmukh amathalal
- Memory, Liffy Liu
- Merciful and kind, hasmukh amathalal
- Achilles Awaking, Louis Borgo
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)