Its Life- Its My Life
Its hard to be me.
Everything isn't what it seems
This facade of happiness.Its not real
On a day to day basis, there's no average meal
Soup kitchens, and a bag o' food from a church
Standing in line for hours, My pride it hurts.
A new pair of Jordan's, I wish, I dream
And you people wonder why I seem so mean
Dealing with Diabetes takes away strength I had
After yelling and screaming, I'm depressed yet mad.
Alone I feel, Completely alone.
Searching for a sense of being, this earth I'll roam
Maybe I could change things, If I were back a Kid.
But I'm 19, and I'm nothing So
I don't want to live.
Dominique Payne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Its Life- Its My Life by Dominique Payne )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Form matters, douglas scotney
- Inner Composition, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Firefly, John Shea
- Tranquil Anticipation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- साना हाबबाय, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men And Women, Matthias Pantaleon
- Haiku: Haiku Cuts Haiku... (This is not .., Brian Johnston
- Kindness Of A Stranger, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To my sister on the death of our father, Roger A. Rose
- If a Hippo Said Boo, Stephen Katona