Its Life- Its My Life
Its hard to be me.
Everything isn't what it seems
This facade of happiness.Its not real
On a day to day basis, there's no average meal
Soup kitchens, and a bag o' food from a church
Standing in line for hours, My pride it hurts.
A new pair of Jordan's, I wish, I dream
And you people wonder why I seem so mean
Dealing with Diabetes takes away strength I had
After yelling and screaming, I'm depressed yet mad.
Alone I feel, Completely alone.
Searching for a sense of being, this earth I'll roam
Maybe I could change things, If I were back a Kid.
But I'm 19, and I'm nothing So
I don't want to live.
Dominique Payne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Its Life- Its My Life by Dominique Payne )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Heedless, Jubril Balogun
- Missing You, Michael P. McParland
- Against my empty soul, Bee Kilpatrick
- Which One Do I Choose?, Julie Johnson
- Beautiful Madness, Steven Rhoads
- I am a poet, Julie Johnson
- Life of War, Steven Rhoads
- Do It Well, Babatunde Aremu
- So Tired, Frank Lindquist
- BHARAT KE VEER, AVINASH PANDEY KHUSH