Its Life- Its My Life
Its hard to be me.
Everything isn't what it seems
This facade of happiness.Its not real
On a day to day basis, there's no average meal
Soup kitchens, and a bag o' food from a church
Standing in line for hours, My pride it hurts.
A new pair of Jordan's, I wish, I dream
And you people wonder why I seem so mean
Dealing with Diabetes takes away strength I had
After yelling and screaming, I'm depressed yet mad.
Alone I feel, Completely alone.
Searching for a sense of being, this earth I'll roam
Maybe I could change things, If I were back a Kid.
But I'm 19, and I'm nothing So
I don't want to live.
Dominique Payne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Its Life- Its My Life by Dominique Payne )
- MEP interrogation, Over The Moon
- Whole, Ruta Wuneh
- मेगनआव, Ronjoy Brahma
- ‘Tis permitted Us Nay, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Dilapidated house, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The violin plays, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The palaces of the skies, Emmanuel George Cefai
- There was a buzz at night, Emmanuel George Cefai
- To those sacred Places, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Green Signal, Asit Kumar Sanyal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)