Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev (5 December 1803 – 27 July 1873 / Ovstug)
It's There, Still There
It's there, still there, a past love's madness,
Dull pain and longing my heart fill.
Your image, hid amid the shadows
Of memory, lives in me still.
I think of it with endless yearning,
'Tis e'er with me though from me far,
Unreachable, unchanged, bright-burning
As in the sky of night a star...
Poet Other Poems
- A Vision
- All Day She Quiet Lay
- As In The Globe Embraced By Ocean
- Autumn Evening
- Don't say he loves me as before...
- Elysium Of Shades
- Gum Is The Sky
- Here, At A Meagre Earth
- How Tuneful Is The Voice Of Sea
- I Love The Tsarskoselsky Gardens
- In ocean waves there's melody...
- It's There, Still There
- Just as the ocean cradles our earth's or...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.