Quiet, brief, plesant, event,
Hectic, week, taxing,
Compose, poem, time, spent,
Effort, worth, rewarding
I had a quiet, but all too brief moment, pleasant event.
But I had a hectic week that was too taxing.
It was worth the effort, and also very rewarding.
Roxanne Dubarry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I bascially took a personal experience and composed a poem.
I used linking words to accomphlish my purpose: a rewarding experience.
During the second Interlude poem: I decided to finally write a poem
using the linking words, plus supplying any extra useful words.
Wheather you are alone, or with a group you might try 'form poems
as a pleasant interlude during a hectic week!
Comments about this poem (Interlude by Roxanne Dubarry )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Put God First, Robert Barnett
- Te Amé Desde el Primer de los Días, Hebert Logerie
- Scales falling, Angell Afinowi
- About the Armadillo, Angell Afinowi
- Leprosy at the birthday Party, Angell Afinowi
- The Journey, Alvin Mingle
- Darling, Anthony Di'anno
- Bright Shades of Life, Rohit Sapra
- Tolstoy's Lament, Bill Lindsay
- The valley of Utah, Rekha Mandagere