Interaction With An Old Friend
I ran into an old friend
Someone I hadn't seen in years...
At my favorite cafe
He just happen to be passing by
He joined me
And we caught up on life
On times long gone
And days that were good...
When we were both much younger
Thought we understood
The meaning of life
The meaning of time
Where did his life take him
Where did mine...
He told me
A bag of contradictions...
A man thinks he knows what he's getting
When you walk into a room
After an interaction with you
You aren't all that you seem
And when you leave
You leave a man thinking
You have left him, left the room...
I tilted my head and smiled
You've known me for years now
I can't be as confusing as I once was....
Am I that complicated to understand...
Not complicated per se..
I thought about this 'compliment'
I wondered if it were true
He had nothing to gain from it
I guess he also had nothing to loose
I appreciated his honestly
Told him he gave me too much credit
As if he knew something
And, I didn't have a clue...
Now I was the one thinking..
Wondering if he was telling the truth...
What woman doesn't want to be thought about...
He said I lingered
Like great French perfume...
I laughed as I left him
Told him it was good seeing him
After all these years...
Gave him a hug
I hope to see you soon...
Knowing how time
Has a way of flying by
And, it may be weeks or months or years..
Who knows how many moons..
It was good to see an old friend
Nice to know
He'd be thinking of our conversation
Long after I left the room..
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Interaction With An Old Friend by rabia minhas )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Solitary song, gajanan mishra
- To Sleep I Go, Michael P. McParland
- Beneath The Joy, Margaret Moran
- This funny thing called Snow, Angell Afinowi
- One Last Chance, Abby Bilan
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan
- Love so unkempt..., Kenneth Maswabi
- morning conversation, oskar hansen
- Rescued, Ima Ryma