The day after he leaves
I dream of the end of the world
where nothing remains.
I see the world collapsing into itself,
just like I will.
I run, screaming his name
but I never find him,
night after night
the night terrors reign.
My parents ignore my screams
just another nightly routine.
Insomnia lingers in the air I breathe.
Every night is just a new way to see
everyone I love die before me
and it all starts after he leaves.
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Insomnia by B.B. Loring )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Mind, Nicholas Smith
- No matter- if you, gajanan mishra
- How Long iS yOUr List of Shoulds?, Monk E. Biz
- The Love Train Rolls, chug a chug a chuga, Monk E. Biz
- Ill-fated, gajanan mishra
- An Agonizing Cry, Valsa George
- Patterns Followed On Aging Fabric, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Documenting Of Those Endeavors, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Courage, Lilly Emery
- Bijay Kant Dubey An Expert on Jayanta Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey