The day after he leaves
I dream of the end of the world
where nothing remains.
I see the world collapsing into itself,
just like I will.
I run, screaming his name
but I never find him,
night after night
the night terrors reign.
My parents ignore my screams
just another nightly routine.
Insomnia lingers in the air I breathe.
Every night is just a new way to see
everyone I love die before me
and it all starts after he leaves.
B.B. Loring's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Insomnia by B.B. Loring )
- LIFE IS CLOUDY, BUT THERE WILL BE NO RAINS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Qytetit tim, skender iljaz braka
- While my eyes delight at you, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Celestial String of Pearls, Harley White
- Feeling, Anne Rub.
- Lost amid his Laughter, Aftab Alam
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME AND .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- COPLA 93 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Fake Love, Anne Rub.
- DIFFERENT VOICES AND SOUNDS ANYTIME, MOHAMMAD SKATI