As I choreograph myself
Into the heated haze
Characterizing these hidden days,
Tucked away backstage
Where the sun's spot
Can't follow dazed little me,
The shadows lurking in the wings line up,
Like names on a dance card.
In crisp tuxedos
With Perfect timing
And precise bow-ties,
Rearranging my bones,
As if I were a garment or accessory.
Moving me like I have no heartbeat
Impeccably overtaking my stride
Beneath the guise of 'leading'
But, these gliding shadows won't do,
This isn't ballroom.
The only grace I have is stillness.
Here, behind the scenery.
The trouble is,
Even the most adoring audience
Won’t be saving seats each evening,
For another empty stage.
And when every red velvet seat has cleared,
From the front row to the rear
Nosebleeds to standing room only;
That's when the curtains draw back.
And the flawless flower whispers open
for the spotlight alone.
Perfected beyond belief.
A painting, a masterpiece.
The kind of Breathtaking
that renders even the most vocal,
Yet without anyone to witness it.
It will be as if she never was.
That’s the drawback,
Time isn’t waiting.
You must exit the dressing room.
And Take stage
(Even Before you are ready.)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Incomplete by Emily Dawn )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Conscientious Objector, Edna St. Vincent Millay
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Alone..., Alesia Leach
- Hunger is Here, Angell Afinowi
- Commencement of Spring, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- life never lived, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second
- Beware, Tony md chamasense