In Your Eyes
Look at me, tell me what you see,
For in your eyes, I'm just a clown,
Always ready to put me down.
You critisise my every move,
But I have nothing to lose,
For I am me and you are you.
I don't deserve a medal,
Or a celebration cake,
Just a few kind words, now and then,
What a difference that would make.
I may be sentimental,
A dreamer at that,
But I see things for what they are,
Now what's wrong with that!
I believe in who I am, and what I do,
For I am me, and you are you.
Jayne Davies's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Your Eyes by Jayne Davies )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Amaano (Somali), sallam yassin
- Haiku: Another Physics Haiku, Brian Johnston
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck