In the dark
I am on the darkest street,
Left alone to find my way out,
All steps are trodden in black,
Taking the thoughts into visible light.
I will take the narrow road,
Leading to where I want to go,
If the road I take is too dark and old,
Then I will take the new and walk slow.
If I can hardly see where to walk,
And go where the winding streets go,
I will watch for the white chalk,
Piercing the dark like an arrow.
Although the sun is bright,
In the dark abyss secret motive lies,
Hidden causes not found out,
Remained as unsolved mysteries.
If the road we are on is the darkest way,
Better tread softly until you can wait,
Until when the darkness goes away,
Taken from all the troubles we make.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In the dark by Gerry Legister )
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols
- Close not, gajanan mishra
- When I Was A Birch Tree, Richard Provencher
- Damsel of Paradise, ramesh rai
- Satellite Feed, Susan Lacovara
- Feeling Victorious, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- In A Creche In The Mountains, Robert Rorabeck
- Save yourself, gajanan mishra
- True love.....?, Jayatissa Liyanage