Michael P. McParland
In My Heart
In my heart it will only
ever truly hold you.
For you are my true love and my light,
every night I kiss your memory
to help me pass the time.
If only you could see,
the abundance of love I hold for thee.
I try to show it
and perhaps it's so foreign in it's expression
that you just don't know it.
In my heart of hearts
you are the only lady meant just for me.
Please come back look me in the eyes
and hear my plea.
You are the most beautiful angel
I have ever known and seen.
Every night I pray for my love
to be felt and truly known.
I send you all my love and warmth
through every waking moment.
In my heart crying out to you,
please come back and take my hand
and let me show it.
I love only you and would give my all
and everything just to show you how true
my depths of undying love are for you.
In my heart babe you're my angel,
my light, my entire universe.
If only you knew just how deeply loved
and needed you truly are.
In my heart I need you here.
Oh my love I'm literally withering
and dying without you.
Topic of this poem: true love
Michael P. McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In My Heart by Michael P. McParland )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- I'll Never Forget, Michael P. McParland
- stealing my hostess' twinkie then givin'.., Bull Hawking
- DERBY AT THE GYM, RIC S. BASTASA
- and then the body aches., RIC S. BASTASA
- to each his own..., RIC S. BASTASA
- somehow, you keep thinking, has God forg.., RIC S. BASTASA
- two frogs jumping each other @ sueinlove.., Bull Hawking
- Come fly to me my Muse of love divine, Erato
- Who Takes The Next Step?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Stick Around, Leah Ayliffe