In My Heart
In my heart it will only
ever truly hold you.
For you are my true love and my light,
every night I kiss your memory
to help me pass the time.
If only you could see,
the abundance of love I hold for thee.
I try to show it
and perhaps it's so foreign in it's expression
that you just don't know it.
In my heart of hearts
you are the only lady meant just for me.
Please come back look me in the eyes
and hear my plea.
You are the most beautiful angel
I have ever known and seen.
Every night I pray for my love
to be felt and truly known.
I send you all my love and warmth
through every waking moment.
In my heart crying out to you,
please come back and take my hand
and let me show it.
I love only you and would give my all
and everything just to show you how true
my depths of undying love are for you.
In my heart babe you're my angel,
my light, my entire universe.
If only you knew just how deeply loved
and needed you truly are.
In my heart I need you here.
Oh my love I'm literally withering
and dying without you.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In My Heart by Michael McParland )
Did you read them?
- You're Safe With Me, Michael McParland
- He bought Love, Charles Jagongo
- No veg', george albot
- All a Round, Ima Ryma
- And now, hold my hands O mortal!, Preeth Nambiar
- Kaamnaa (DESIRE), Aftab Alam
- Truth is his name, Aftab Alam
- Train to destiny, Aftab Alam
- The Best Day, Meriam Joseph
- Harken, The Rain comest, Sir Toby Moses
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Soldier, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)