In Her Image
Clay pot in hand face smudged with clay
She holds the brush makes image all day
Mound of river clay gets shape and grows
To bosoms, belly, navel and eyebrows!
She builds with the method her mind conjures
Seen through broken mirrors imagined contours
Lending every limb with a part of her own
The image will never be she when fully grown!
She has to make the goddess youthful ageless
With ridges and valleys of resplendent flesh
Remake treasures from ashes of her withered assets
That bore raging storms yore’s lusty tempests!
Her hand sweeps the clay over her troughs and crests
Heaping a lavish greed on her thighs and breasts
Once finished when the model her eyes would scan
Won’t find the goddess but in her image a woman!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In Her Image by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Watch Free [28th] WWE Royal Rumble 2015 .., Noah Hariss
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns