The Silent Sword
Shove away those thoughts impure,
Cast them far so they’re obscure.
Never let them hold your mind,
Else you’ll always be unsure.
Comparing yourself has not defined
Who you are and what you’ll find.
For every time you doubt your heart,
You’ll be taking steps while blind.
Before you say things and you start,
Allow me to whisper and impart
That you are not the sad reflection
In the mirror you broke apart.
I hope to cure you of self-deception,
So don’t look at your imperfections—
Look to me and my affection,
Look to me and my affection.
The Silent Sword's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imperfections by The Silent Sword )
- At That Time, Luis Estable
- A Poem and Four Films, the guy in charge
- Short Never, Luis Estable
- Deep Monster, Naveed Akram
- Allow This, Luis Estable
- A better life حياة افضل, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- She Loved Her Some Peterbilt, the guy in charge
- Bad Timing, Luis Estable
- God`s Best Work, Luis Estable
- Hiya duck, george albot
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)