The Silent Sword
Shove away those thoughts impure,
Cast them far so they’re obscure.
Never let them hold your mind,
Else you’ll always be unsure.
Comparing yourself has not defined
Who you are and what you’ll find.
For every time you doubt your heart,
You’ll be taking steps while blind.
Before you say things and you start,
Allow me to whisper and impart
That you are not the sad reflection
In the mirror you broke apart.
I hope to cure you of self-deception,
So don’t look at your imperfections—
Look to me and my affection,
Look to me and my affection.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Imperfections by The Silent Sword )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Gordon D Wilkinson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- If We Were Good......., Sandra Feldman
- Consolation, Tony Adah
- Goodnight Kiss, Michael P. McParland
- Marshes Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- What I Dream And What I Find, Amitava Sur
- Waves Within...., Umasree Raghunath
- Children of Peshawar! My heart bleeds fo.., Umasree Raghunath
- A History Of The Future- What's THAT? ? .., Bri Edwards
- Epistle therefrom Death, Sir Toby Moses
- Being Rich, Randy McClave