It's seems a finger's breadth away,
But indeed it's so distant,
My quest for it leads me astray,
But to return, I'm reluctant,
It always ends in dismay,
But I still go forth unrepentant.
My heart knows no rest,
My tongue feels no thirst,
As I comb the earth from east to west,
Hovering above the arctic,
Like the gryfalcon that seeks a nest.
I long for fame and wealth,
And a good name and lasting health,
My dreams are a traveller's mirage,
Farther as I further.
Save me from these deceptions,
From the harm of my wrong perceptions,
And from the bane of my illusions!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Illusions by Ridwan Olamide )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown
- Marvin Gaye, Angela Khristin Brown
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown