I lay awake at night thinking
Thoughts run through my mind suddenly dreaming
What am I seeing?
A man alone with a smile as bright as a star studded sky
As I come closer he pulls farther away and I dont know why
Something deep within myself craves to hold him should I try?
My need is between the agony of reality and the sweetest fantasy
We are both wounded he and I
He lives in a cold solitary world and I in one filled with festivity and smiles
In the silence of my mind I have only one thought that beyond the differences and distance my love for you can go for miles
In my dreams in every waking moment I will always carry you in my heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Illusion by Tati Paez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Pussy cat, gajanan mishra
- Geweldskoorts, Madrason writer
- Sine Curve, Hardik Vaidya
- Alone in the Winepress, Terrance Tracy
- I Am Human, Marites C. Cayetano
- Is Isolation, Rohit Sapra
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra