I lay awake at night thinking
Thoughts run through my mind suddenly dreaming
What am I seeing?
A man alone with a smile as bright as a star studded sky
As I come closer he pulls farther away and I dont know why
Something deep within myself craves to hold him should I try?
My need is between the agony of reality and the sweetest fantasy
We are both wounded he and I
He lives in a cold solitary world and I in one filled with festivity and smiles
In the silence of my mind I have only one thought that beyond the differences and distance my love for you can go for miles
In my dreams in every waking moment I will always carry you in my heart.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Illusion by Tati Paez )
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu