If We Ever Break Up
Thunder and lightning at first,
as I understand it,
and then the moon will split
in half and disappear
and the stars will go dark
and the sun will come up
and explode in the sky,
Hurricanes and tornadoes
will savage the land.
Sickles and scythes
will harvest the people,
throw some in the air
toss others aside
shrieking and cursing.
Silence will boom
as the credits roll.
Bugs Bunny, the sage,
will have the last word:
'That's all, folks! '
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If We Ever Break Up by Donal Mahoney )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche
- The Statue, Arafat Driche
- House hunting, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Mother Mother Mother..............! ! !, Arafat Driche
- Night of Nights, Arafat Driche