If We Ever Break Up
Thunder and lightning at first,
as I understand it,
and then the moon will split
in half and disappear
and the stars will go dark
and the sun will come up
and explode in the sky,
Hurricanes and tornadoes
will savage the land.
Sickles and scythes
will harvest the people,
throw some in the air
toss others aside
shrieking and cursing.
Silence will boom
as the credits roll.
Bugs Bunny, the sage,
will have the last word:
'That's all, folks! '
Donal Mahoney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If We Ever Break Up by Donal Mahoney )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard