Jessel Jane Tevar
If Love Be True, And Yet This Truth Be Lie
If love be true, and yet this truth be lie,
What yes can do when no adheres to stay?
If then I would that stars should break the sky,
For heaven's grave they shine to become grey.
Fear - the delay of a single ray of sun;
I fear, i dread lest I may burn the fire.
And lose grasp of the shadow of a man...
I held on to whatever light required.
But lo, the sun must leave that it may return-
uncover mine own shadow under his.
The sun must leave for darkness to turn
This unquenched fear to never ending bliss.
If love be true, then truth can never lie
What no can do when yes adheres to stay.
Jessel Jane Tevar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Love Be True, And Yet This Truth Be Lie by Jessel Jane Tevar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara
- Tantrayana philosophy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.