Jessel Jane Tevar
If Love Be True, And Yet This Truth Be Lie
If love be true, and yet this truth be lie,
What yes can do when no adheres to stay?
If then I would that stars should break the sky,
For heaven's grave they shine to become grey.
Fear - the delay of a single ray of sun;
I fear, i dread lest I may burn the fire.
And lose grasp of the shadow of a man...
I held on to whatever light required.
But lo, the sun must leave that it may return-
uncover mine own shadow under his.
The sun must leave for darkness to turn
This unquenched fear to never ending bliss.
If love be true, then truth can never lie
What no can do when yes adheres to stay.
Jessel Jane Tevar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Love Be True, And Yet This Truth Be Lie by Jessel Jane Tevar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo
- Priceless Price, Persian Nightingale
- Cacophonous eves, Priyanka Bhowmick
- MY SIMPLE TASTES, Hannington Mumo
- I Feel So Lonely/So Left Out Of It, Shalom Freedman
- Cliche, Rimni chakravarty