Jessel Jane Tevar
If Love Be True, And Yet This Truth Be Lie
If love be true, and yet this truth be lie,
What yes can do when no adheres to stay?
If then I would that stars should break the sky,
For heaven's grave they shine to become grey.
Fear - the delay of a single ray of sun;
I fear, i dread lest I may burn the fire.
And lose grasp of the shadow of a man...
I held on to whatever light required.
But lo, the sun must leave that it may return-
uncover mine own shadow under his.
The sun must leave for darkness to turn
This unquenched fear to never ending bliss.
If love be true, then truth can never lie
What no can do when yes adheres to stay.
Jessel Jane Tevar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (If Love Be True, And Yet This Truth Be Lie by Jessel Jane Tevar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Plugs Nose, Mae AC.
- Which Do You Do?, Brian Taylor
- Youthful Fate, Michael P. McParland
- I Wish I Were, Michael P. McParland
- Blank Face, Mae AC.
- I Will Not Fight, Michael P. McParland
- I Truly Love you, Michael P. McParland
- Hand on Stomach, Mae AC.
- I Still Read.........For Sandra Feldman, Michael P. McParland
- Slouches, Mae AC.