Lawrence S. Pertillar
'If' I Get Them
Remembering when things,
Had a control and purpose...
I once believed had everlasting meaning.
And with them my life by others was received,
With the same limited perceptions then conceived.
With a knowing I had more to value.
But I didn't know that...
Until things from me were taken away.
To leave me with a hightened and relieved,
Perspective of a better life.
With this thought kept...
I am blessed knowing I don't need things.
But they are nice to want to have 'if' I get them.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('If' I Get Them by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The Courage Of Shutting-Up, Sylvia Plath
- Eavesdropper, Sylvia Plath
- I See The Blessing Coming, Gbolagade Taiwo
- A Bowl Of Eggs, Naveed Khalid
- Crossing The Water, Sylvia Plath
- Morning Air, Leah Ayliffe
- An Abstract Art, Naveed Khalid
- Mary's Song, Sylvia Plath
- Amnesiac, Sylvia Plath
- The Jailer, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)