Lawrence S. Pertillar
'If' I Get Them
Remembering when things,
Had a control and purpose...
I once believed had everlasting meaning.
And with them my life by others was received,
With the same limited perceptions then conceived.
With a knowing I had more to value.
But I didn't know that...
Until things from me were taken away.
To leave me with a hightened and relieved,
Perspective of a better life.
With this thought kept...
I am blessed knowing I don't need things.
But they are nice to want to have 'if' I get them.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('If' I Get Them by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Feel as force, hasmukh amathalal
- Lost Children, Isabella Signa
- Pastor Homer Toots His Horn, Donal Mahoney
- Seconds In Prison, Naveed Akram
- The Light Brigade Charge, John F. McCullagh
- Farewell Forever, Sacha Hayes O'Grady
- Orphans, Nassy Fesharaki
- An Atheist on Sunday, Donal Mahoney
- Remember me, micheal john
- For God and Country, John F. McCullagh
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)