Lawrence S. Pertillar
'If' I Get Them
Remembering when things,
Had a control and purpose...
I once believed had everlasting meaning.
And with them my life by others was received,
With the same limited perceptions then conceived.
With a knowing I had more to value.
But I didn't know that...
Until things from me were taken away.
To leave me with a hightened and relieved,
Perspective of a better life.
With this thought kept...
I am blessed knowing I don't need things.
But they are nice to want to have 'if' I get them.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('If' I Get Them by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Did you read them?
- Salad Bowl, sherif monem
- The Ocean Between Us, Asma Riaz Khan
- OFTEN WHEN LAUGHING, Terry Collett
- जिउनि दाइरियाव,2013, Ronjoy Brahma
- At That Moment All Ugliness was Undone., Akhtar Jawad
- Anonymous, Elia Michael
- Poor Birds of Cage, Pius Didier
- Christmas Differences, Melissa Furey
- Celebration, Shruti Goswami
- Leave Behind, Shruti Goswami
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Lament for Zenocrate, Christopher Marlowe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)