If Evil Was A Colour
If evil was a colour
what colour would it be?
Would it be the colour
of a red sea.
Or would it be yellow,
of the sun and stars?
Because evil somtimes seems,
like an alien from mars.
Would it be a dark colour,
Something like black or grey?
Sometimes the darkness in peoples hearts,
is somthing like a ray.
Could it be a blue,
Deep and dark it is?
Because evil is just sadness,
Freed in anger like a fizz.
Evil has no colour,
Not black, blue nor red.
The only thing that evil is,
Is something full of dread.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
What colour SHOULD evil be?
Comments about this poem (If Evil Was A Colour by Joshua Allen )
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
- Love me..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Certainly prove, hasmukh amathalal
- I want to say goodbye, michael hagwood
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns