If Evil Was A Colour
If evil was a colour
what colour would it be?
Would it be the colour
of a red sea.
Or would it be yellow,
of the sun and stars?
Because evil somtimes seems,
like an alien from mars.
Would it be a dark colour,
Something like black or grey?
Sometimes the darkness in peoples hearts,
is somthing like a ray.
Could it be a blue,
Deep and dark it is?
Because evil is just sadness,
Freed in anger like a fizz.
Evil has no colour,
Not black, blue nor red.
The only thing that evil is,
Is something full of dread.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
What colour SHOULD evil be?
Comments about this poem (If Evil Was A Colour by Joshua Allen )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- List Of Loneliness, Margaret Alice Second
- When I Was With My Father, Naveed Akram
- Sow Your Seeds, Naveed Akram
- we never cry, Cee Bea
- Recipe To Live, Asma Riaz Khan
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen