If Evil Was A Colour
If evil was a colour
what colour would it be?
Would it be the colour
of a red sea.
Or would it be yellow,
of the sun and stars?
Because evil somtimes seems,
like an alien from mars.
Would it be a dark colour,
Something like black or grey?
Sometimes the darkness in peoples hearts,
is somthing like a ray.
Could it be a blue,
Deep and dark it is?
Because evil is just sadness,
Freed in anger like a fizz.
Evil has no colour,
Not black, blue nor red.
The only thing that evil is,
Is something full of dread.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
What colour SHOULD evil be?
Comments about this poem (If Evil Was A Colour by Joshua Allen )
- Dying roosters, Nikola Pajtic
- Narcissus, Mark Heathcote
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns