Obed dela Cruz
There is a special gift
Every one of us was given–
Something to call our own
That no one else on earth can have.
We see this by the way
We talk, walk, and do things around –
Where our Creator must be found.
So don’t give it away
But let this gift mature in grace.
It’s our identity
A special mark of our being.
It cannot be erased
By the harsh storms and winds of life.
It must not be exchanged
For other things that we aren’t
Because we have our worth
And we have a role in this life
It’s for us to find out
And we will be glad when we do.
So let us discover
This gift that makes us so unique.
And let us see ourselves
With a value none else can take.
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(For more details and about the poem, please email the author at email@example.com)
Copyright © 2013 by Prince Obed de la Cruz
Comments about this poem (Identity by Obed dela Cruz )
- Gigh Anamur n UmaDal, Mohamed Mahou
- -Silent Became My Walking Shadow-, Ali Sabry
- - I Wish You Weren't In-, Ali Sabry
- - Princes Was A Dream Girl Day and Night-, Ali Sabry
- - Hurtful Interaction-, Ali Sabry
- - Please My Lovely Lady Don't Leave Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - My heart loves you -, Ali Sabry
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
- -How Can I Sleep Honey & I Left You Lone.., Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Woman's Last Word, Robert Browning
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)