Obed dela Cruz
There is a special gift
Every one of us was given–
Something to call our own
That no one else on earth can have.
We see this by the way
We talk, walk, and do things around –
Where our Creator must be found.
So don’t give it away
But let this gift mature in grace.
It’s our identity
A special mark of our being.
It cannot be erased
By the harsh storms and winds of life.
It must not be exchanged
For other things that we aren’t
Because we have our worth
And we have a role in this life
It’s for us to find out
And we will be glad when we do.
So let us discover
This gift that makes us so unique.
And let us see ourselves
With a value none else can take.
Obed dela Cruz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(For more details and about the poem, please email the author at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright © 2013 by Prince Obed de la Cruz
Comments about this poem (Identity by Obed dela Cruz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Picture Of Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Flower, Somanathan Iyer
- Drop the Drop, Minnoor srinivasan
- Despair, Luca Menin
- Overnight Lounge, Wisdom Clay
- I Walked by the Beach, jael mboga
- What should not be done as the limit of .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 9, Aftab Alam
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 8, Aftab Alam
- Thank You And Goodbye, My Beloved, herbert guitang