I, Wishful Waited...
Half over, this life
that keeps me tied
to schoolgirl dreams...
the white fence,
where the crocus pops up
to end winter's long sleep
The first dance, the endless kiss
on a beach, on a balcony,
in the woods, at Christmastime...
Dinner at six, newspaper unfolded,
wine, flowers in our anniversary vase
Firelight and golden years
spreading, to fill our tiny warm room
But you never showed up
To secure the dream
And I spent a lifetime...
For the wait
to be over....
Susan Lacovara's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I, Wishful Waited... by Susan Lacovara )
Did you read them?
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke