I Need to Write a Poem
I need to write a poem
But what could I say?
Should I write about school or love?
Or how the sunset looks in May?
Or how about the shining knight
In a princess’ fairytale
A story about how he killed the beast
About how he could never fail?
Or maybe about my biggest dream
To sing upon a stage
In front of a cheering audience
Chanting out my name?
Or perhaps I should write about
My need to write a poem
I need it for Journalism soon
At least it’s not a column.
Monina Furigay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Need to Write a Poem by Monina Furigay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- SCARRING, Satish Verma
- you not a good being, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Invention of Streetlights, Cole Swensen
- teenage pregnancy, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- Emerge into one, hasmukh amathalal
- do you still remember?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- The Power Holders, ali chukwuemeka
- what is love?, MONGAMELI MAZONGOLO
- If a Garden of Numbers, Cole Swensen
- In your language, gajanan mishra