I Need to Write a Poem
I need to write a poem
But what could I say?
Should I write about school or love?
Or how the sunset looks in May?
Or how about the shining knight
In a princess’ fairytale
A story about how he killed the beast
About how he could never fail?
Or maybe about my biggest dream
To sing upon a stage
In front of a cheering audience
Chanting out my name?
Or perhaps I should write about
My need to write a poem
I need it for Journalism soon
At least it’s not a column.
Monina Furigay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Need to Write a Poem by Monina Furigay )
- Couture, Mark Doty
- Muse & Drudge [just as I am I come], Harryette Mullen
- When Clouds Thunder, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Beauty Supply, Lee Ann Brown
- Suffering the Unattainable, David Dodd Lee
- Nature and Its Simple ways, Rohit Sapra
- Snowy Owl Goddess, Diane Wakoski
- Much Tattooed Sailor Aboard USS New Jersey, Jehanne Dubrow
- The Ruined Church, David Lewis Paget
- Farewell, Damir Lemaic
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- November, Thomas Hood
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)