I Need to Write a Poem
I need to write a poem
But what could I say?
Should I write about school or love?
Or how the sunset looks in May?
Or how about the shining knight
In a princess’ fairytale
A story about how he killed the beast
About how he could never fail?
Or maybe about my biggest dream
To sing upon a stage
In front of a cheering audience
Chanting out my name?
Or perhaps I should write about
My need to write a poem
I need it for Journalism soon
At least it’s not a column.
Monina Furigay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Need to Write a Poem by Monina Furigay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Don't Leave Me Alone, love green
- The Cry and Smile, Meena Somasundaram
- My First Lover, love green
- Learn To Be More Appreciative, Ronell Warren Alman
- Comprehend, Sadiqullah Khan
- Don't Pretend, love green
- You Whip-Tongued, Sadiqullah Khan
- Through Thick and Thin, Sadiqullah Khan
- You're Not A Man At All, love green
- Eternity Calls..., John Ugolo Umah