I’m here to stay
Despite the doubts and troubles, that you have gone through,
There is no doubt about are love.
Though many now change partners when they want to,
You’ve found your one and chosen not to move.
In doing so, you’ve given me a picture
More beautiful than the most persuasive lecture,
With far more force than any rule or law.
So much you’ve given me!
Yet what you’ve given of love, time, money and concern,
Is less than what I’ve seen as you have striven
To make your life a lesson I might learn.
I’m grateful for things you did and do,
But even more, for what you made of you.
Jacob Gifford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I’m here to stay by Jacob Gifford )
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
- O American Girl, Will You Take With You?, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Woman in Love, Akhtar Jawad
- Endearing Love, Kwai Chee Low
- The Swing, Kwai Chee Low
- Price, Ashraful Alam Shikder
- Let The King Think, Ashraful Alam Shikder
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)