I’m here to stay
Despite the doubts and troubles, that you have gone through,
There is no doubt about are love.
Though many now change partners when they want to,
You’ve found your one and chosen not to move.
In doing so, you’ve given me a picture
More beautiful than the most persuasive lecture,
With far more force than any rule or law.
So much you’ve given me!
Yet what you’ve given of love, time, money and concern,
Is less than what I’ve seen as you have striven
To make your life a lesson I might learn.
I’m grateful for things you did and do,
But even more, for what you made of you.
Jacob Gifford's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I’m here to stay by Jacob Gifford )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- KEEP AWAY FROM MY BRIMMING BOWL, Om Chawla
- I Seen, Jose Torres Junior
- I Seen..., Jose Torres Junior
- Duet, John deVries
- Chuh, John deVries
- Blurry, Jose Armando Guzman
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer