I Love Lagos
Have you ever been to Lagos?
Or you are just visiting?
This is 'EKo Akete'
The home of wisdom
Where ocean clap hands with the Lagoon
Making melodious sounds deep in the sea
Ships berth ceaslessly at the wharf
Delivering precious goods from other lands
Lagos, the home of gold for the industrious
No one welcome visitors to Lagos
You are just on your own
You may be Black, white or coloured
If you are bold
You will reap the fruits of the land
There is no partiality
However, Lagos does not tolerate 'suegbe'
Lagos is not a place for the slot
You just have to be up and doing
Lagos is the home of excellence
This is Lagos
I just love this city
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Love Lagos by Babatunde Aremu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- What You Create, Susan Lacovara
- LEARNING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- VIRTUES VS. TRUTH, Beryl Dov
- LOVE VS. SCIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- SUNRISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- BACK STABBING 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Dispersion of Time, Musfiq us shaleheen
- Honour Killing (For The Arabic People), Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Are In My Way, Susan Lacovara
- I FORGIVE YOU 10 WORD, Beryl Dov