I’ll Be Back Again
When it’s time for me to go,
don’t worry about me
as I’ve been here before
and I’ll be back again.
You may not recognize me,
but I’ll be back again
to live another life through.
My body is just a shell
that holds the spirit me
and when I’m gone my spirit
will once again float free.
I’ve done this several times before,
getting better each time on my return
until the day finally comes
when my schooling is through.
Until that time comes along
I’ll keep coming back
again and again and again.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I’ll Be Back Again by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Share This Space, Jon M. Nelson
- Rain at Reading, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- A Special Mother, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Fallen Soldier Table, Jon M. Nelson
- Meteors, Ronald Chapman
- Snake-fire, gajanan mishra
- On Leaving the Bachelorette Brunch, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- tRyiNg 2 right 1 $eN10s i MiGht UnDerStand, sEaN nOrTh
- Love and Work, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Artistic Need For Suffering, Kyle Schlicher