Tim Holmes Jr
I Have Waited For You
Elated with anticipation
yearning, hopeful, expecting true jubilation
Listening for the jingle of the keys
tingling with excitement for this which you bring me
Delighted to hear the door open, then close shut
Hearing your sweet 'Hello' with the silence you cut
The clothes are finished the house is clean and dinner's is ready
As you look around house clearly you are happy
I greet you at the door, help you with your coat and shoes
then we sit for dinner as you tell me today's news
'Well Jill talked all day about the dress of Jane,
but I could care less she made me insane.
Then files that I put away last week were asked for by my boss,
when he look for them he stated that they were clearly lost?
I sat in traffic for two hours behind a bad accident,
I was late leaving work, trouble for me it was meant?
This dinner is lovely, and this wine goes perfect with this meal
the meat so tender so juicy, what is the veal? '
My reply 'The ingredients my love you must know where to start
the recipe my beauty begins with my heart,
I have known you these six years and each day can't be measured
I give God daily 'Thank you! ' for he gave me his treasure.
Its been a joy to watch you grow from your budding stages,
into this pulchritudinous flower that has come of ages.
As I look into your eyes this night, out love is still new,
Can not for refuse to regret, So glad I meet you!
For every stop light made, every chance I did or didn't take
all the nights I went too far, for those things I didn't break,
Have all lead me here to this moment in which I am grateful
Thank you for all of the love you have shown me I am thankful.
I know that I have some flaws that were hard to understand
I am gracious that you realize that I am dirt molded into a man.
Tonight my thoughts, my plans, my hope is that you will clearly see
That when making love to the pace of our heartbeat bring us ecstasy'
Tim Holmes Jr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Have Waited For You by Tim Holmes Jr )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Moment Of Happiness, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
Poem of the Day
- My Soul, Michael P. McParland
- Love is Blind, Apolynn Lagaras
- My Sweet Angel Dove, Michael P. McParland
- My Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- My Sweet Love, Michael P. McParland
- My Queen 3, Michael P. McParland
- My Queen 2, Michael P. McParland
- My Queen, Michael P. McParland
- My Promise, Michael P. McParland
- My Prayer, Michael P. McParland