Tim Holmes Jr
I Have Waited For You
Elated with anticipation
yearning, hopeful, expecting true jubilation
Listening for the jingle of the keys
tingling with excitement for this which you bring me
Delighted to hear the door open, then close shut
Hearing your sweet 'Hello' with the silence you cut
The clothes are finished the house is clean and dinner's is ready
As you look around house clearly you are happy
I greet you at the door, help you with your coat and shoes
then we sit for dinner as you tell me today's news
'Well Jill talked all day about the dress of Jane,
but I could care less she made me insane.
Then files that I put away last week were asked for by my boss,
when he look for them he stated that they were clearly lost?
I sat in traffic for two hours behind a bad accident,
I was late leaving work, trouble for me it was meant?
This dinner is lovely, and this wine goes perfect with this meal
the meat so tender so juicy, what is the veal? '
My reply 'The ingredients my love you must know where to start
the recipe my beauty begins with my heart,
I have known you these six years and each day can't be measured
I give God daily 'Thank you! ' for he gave me his treasure.
Its been a joy to watch you grow from your budding stages,
into this pulchritudinous flower that has come of ages.
As I look into your eyes this night, out love is still new,
Can not for refuse to regret, So glad I meet you!
For every stop light made, every chance I did or didn't take
all the nights I went too far, for those things I didn't break,
Have all lead me here to this moment in which I am grateful
Thank you for all of the love you have shown me I am thankful.
I know that I have some flaws that were hard to understand
I am gracious that you realize that I am dirt molded into a man.
Tonight my thoughts, my plans, my hope is that you will clearly see
That when making love to the pace of our heartbeat bring us ecstasy'
Tim Holmes Jr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Have Waited For You by Tim Holmes Jr )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai
- There is a Configuration of the Universe, michael walkerjohn
- R e D *) I c E... (r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- A childhood lamentation, Juwon Daniel
- ` The Quiets..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Forgotten Things, Archan Mehta