Erika Heslop Martin
I Have Hope
As long as I inhale and exhale, I have hope.
As my Creator sustains the heart beat, I have hope.
As I open my eyes to a brand new day, I have hope.
As my ears continue to enlighten me with the magical sounds of nature, I have hope.
As my nostrils draw my attention to the attractive aromas of delicious delicacies, I have hope.
As the wind kisses the hair on my skin, I have hope.
As I taste the sweetness of life, I have hope.
Hope of a beautiful day, a better tomorrow and a bright future.
Erika Heslop Martin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Have Hope by Erika Heslop Martin )
- American red, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Race is on., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Decree's, Cee Bea
- A letter to a soldier., Harold R Hunt Sr
- 11 Days Before Christmas, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Who Are These Killers, Harold R Hunt Sr
- When I, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That night mother had no egg, Mark Heathcote
- Under my microscope's scrutiny تحت تمحيص.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Misunderstanding of Christmas., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)