I Have Been Here Before
Have you ever gone somewhere
you had never been before,
then stopped and around
thinking I have been here before,
but you cannot remember when.
You think you are going crazy
when you recognize things
and mutter about people who used to live there
a long, long time ago before you were born,
but how could you know all this?
Did you read it in a book somewhere?
It could well be a past life
has edged its way through to you.
The more and more things become apparent
as you go on your way and it keeps you wondering
whose memories you’ve tapped into.
The questions keep on coming
with no answers to quell them.
You close your eyes
and try to think of something new,
but all you keep remembering
is this past life you went through.
We all experience this once in a while
with no explanation as to why.
Best let it finish its course,
and then you can get back to what you want to do,
all the time in the knowledge
that you’ve been here before.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Have Been Here Before by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Poetic styles, Somanathan Iyer
- Unknown Cat, Somanathan Iyer
- Around us, Somanathan Iyer
- Don't ask certain people what food you h.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Empty Cartridge, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Your Love, abigail sikwenda
- The Missing Feeling, abigail sikwenda
- Lights Off, abigail sikwenda
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal