I Doubt or do I?
I am neither positive nor negative
I am a doubt for am I?
The cloud has a clearer distinction
Than all that humanity can offer
The cloud resembles more clearly
Than I could resemble myself
I am not my resemblance
I am not what I think I am
I doubt if I am unknown
For in that doubt I exist
I am the doubt that I doubt
For I cannot be too sure about that
Certainty is like a cloud resembling me
I can never know what I am
I am what I desire to know
That which is positive is judged
That which is negative is judged
That which is a doubt is unstoppable
If you say ‘darkness is the absence of light'
I'd say ‘light is the absence of darkness'
I am the absence of what I am not
What I am not is the absence of what I am
Existence maybe defined by its absence- ‘nothingness'.
Ajay Seshadri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Doubt or do I? by Ajay Seshadri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Poet, Chris Newton