I dont belive in hope anymore...
people say 'hope is everything! ' but its not,
hope is away of grabbing someone and using it against them,
Just like you did, i trusted you.
I told you my dreams, my life story, my hopes.
and you turned against me.
When i flapped my wings you're like a child, likes to take things apart
with you're hands, I tryed to get free, but you're hands would'nt let go.
ripping up my hopes and dreams of my wings i fall to the ground,
i raised my hands with my wings drip with blood and i cryed 'why? '
but you never answered, you walked away and left me in a cold dark room, surrounded but blood and tears i swallowed myself whole.
in guilt, in fear and in no hope.
So when people ask me 'what is you're hope for the future? '
i say this under a black Veil of self pitty
'I DONT BELIVE IN HOPE ANYMORE..............'
Nicole Baker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I dont belive in hope anymore... by Nicole Baker )
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- 84 and couldn't speak English, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- Frost Chills, Cathy Hodgson
- What A Wondrous Thing, Joshua Chuhran
- Falling Doves, Joshua Chuhran
- The Simple Life, Nate Morris
- To touch a star is to be touch by the st.., Raymond Sawyer
- A Prayer For Self Identity, Maurice Harris
- throwing sticks at the stars, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Bored, Margaret Atwood
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)