I dont belive in hope anymore...
people say 'hope is everything! ' but its not,
hope is away of grabbing someone and using it against them,
Just like you did, i trusted you.
I told you my dreams, my life story, my hopes.
and you turned against me.
When i flapped my wings you're like a child, likes to take things apart
with you're hands, I tryed to get free, but you're hands would'nt let go.
ripping up my hopes and dreams of my wings i fall to the ground,
i raised my hands with my wings drip with blood and i cryed 'why? '
but you never answered, you walked away and left me in a cold dark room, surrounded but blood and tears i swallowed myself whole.
in guilt, in fear and in no hope.
So when people ask me 'what is you're hope for the future? '
i say this under a black Veil of self pitty
'I DONT BELIVE IN HOPE ANYMORE..............'
Nicole Baker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I dont belive in hope anymore... by Nicole Baker )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Final Destination, Tushar Ray
- Our city's curfew, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- No regrets, george albot
- CENTER YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- My balls, Nassy Fesharaki
- Transported in Place, Lawrence Beck
- GROUND YOURSELF, Christina Sunrise
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..