I dont belive in hope anymore...
people say 'hope is everything! ' but its not,
hope is away of grabbing someone and using it against them,
Just like you did, i trusted you.
I told you my dreams, my life story, my hopes.
and you turned against me.
When i flapped my wings you're like a child, likes to take things apart
with you're hands, I tryed to get free, but you're hands would'nt let go.
ripping up my hopes and dreams of my wings i fall to the ground,
i raised my hands with my wings drip with blood and i cryed 'why? '
but you never answered, you walked away and left me in a cold dark room, surrounded but blood and tears i swallowed myself whole.
in guilt, in fear and in no hope.
So when people ask me 'what is you're hope for the future? '
i say this under a black Veil of self pitty
'I DONT BELIVE IN HOPE ANYMORE..............'
Nicole Baker's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I dont belive in hope anymore... by Nicole Baker )
- Lifeless, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Unnatural Apologie of Shadows, Nathalie Handal
- millions of pleasure...., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- My Dear Sweet Kira, Michael McParland
- The Writing Competition!, Denis Martindale
- Daru Piyo, Talk To The Girl And Do Naxal.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love and Strange Horses—Intima', Nathalie Handal
- debris, oskar hansen
- Les Éventails, Portraits of Passion, Nathalie Handal
- The Hooked & Crooked Men As The Communis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)