Muideen Lanre Dauda
I Don't Know Love
I don't know love
Yet, I believe in love.
I believe in love
Yet, I don't know how to enjoy it.
I live my life but I’m not in love.
I lust for love yet I’m lost in love.
Where will I find myself
If, no one lives to love?
Or, I live not to love.
Can anyone love? Because I can't…
Or, can anyone do it? Because I won't…
I don't know love. Yet I still live.
But can I live life with that trouble?
I don't think anyone copes with this as I do.
But, I will live to be in love if I can
With such an elusive ghost, which is so keen.
Do I believe in love? No, I don't.
Anyone can love as I could.
No one has ever loved as I could
Even on this Earth. I would never believe it.
Tell me if you have
Ever died once for love?
As I have died a million times for love.
I died. I live. I live. I die.
I live again and again.
And I’d die once more for love.
But I won’t do it for anything.
For no man has ever empathised for my love.
Who was Romeo? Did he love?
No. He didn't. He was just an invention
With a nonexistent flesh. And I? I’m a realist
With flesh and blood like any human being.
Tell me if you could love the way I can't?
And don’t forget I’m a human being.
As I know I am the only one,
Who could love like no other human being.
Even Shakespeare once said:
”If you don't believe me, you may ask my friends.”
Muideen Lanre Dauda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Don't Know Love by Muideen Lanre Dauda )
- Let us try, gajanan mishra
- An Ode to a Salmon, Athena Hood
- नागिरो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Inner Solitude, Neela Nath
- I Don't Know, Akhtar Jawad
- My Sentimental Diversity, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Poetry, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Emerge.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mirror, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Chasing True Dream, Mark Nixon Legaspi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)