Muideen Lanre Dauda
I Don't Know Love
I don't know love
Yet, I believe in love.
I believe in love
Yet, I don't know how to enjoy it.
I live my life but I’m not in love.
I lust for love yet I’m lost in love.
Where will I find myself
If, no one lives to love?
Or, I live not to love.
Can anyone love? Because I can't…
Or, can anyone do it? Because I won't…
I don't know love. Yet I still live.
But can I live life with that trouble?
I don't think anyone copes with this as I do.
But, I will live to be in love if I can
With such an elusive ghost, which is so keen.
Do I believe in love? No, I don't.
Anyone can love as I could.
No one has ever loved as I could
Even on this Earth. I would never believe it.
Tell me if you have
Ever died once for love?
As I have died a million times for love.
I died. I live. I live. I die.
I live again and again.
And I’d die once more for love.
But I won’t do it for anything.
For no man has ever empathised for my love.
Who was Romeo? Did he love?
No. He didn't. He was just an invention
With a nonexistent flesh. And I? I’m a realist
With flesh and blood like any human being.
Tell me if you could love the way I can't?
And don’t forget I’m a human being.
As I know I am the only one,
Who could love like no other human being.
Even Shakespeare once said:
”If you don't believe me, you may ask my friends.”
Muideen Lanre Dauda's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Don't Know Love by Muideen Lanre Dauda )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- जिद्द............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Unblind and a Blind Man, Luo Zhihai
- चादर तेरे प्रित की............., sanjay kumar maurya
- family visit, oskar hansen
- Thank the love gift me the verses by Ra.., Yuri Starostin
- पूनम का चांंद.............., sanjay kumar maurya
- An Angelic Figure, Ahmad Husain
- And the Trains Go On, Philip Levine
- Hair-raising, hafiz qasim
- Desperadoes, gajanan mishra