I Believe In You
ENTER: I believe the 'wee of a day'
Is the early morning when
The babes are still sleeping
The cocks have not yet crocked
Hounds are just coming from the hunt
Owls have not yet started dreaming.
I believe the 'wee hours' are
The hours when dreams evade us if ever we wake.
That moment when we start dreaming with open eyes
We start crying with broken hearts
When we begin to wipe off tears with sweaty pillows
Every tongue I lift to spell a word
And the effort I use to borrow words from my heart
I get the obscure vague non-deciphered feeling in me.
I might not know
But the little other might is the greatest feeling in my existence.
When you hang up the phone
A pistol of sadness triggers in my spine.
I commence to feel the evil platitudes of forlornness.
Yes, even below the scotching blaze of the sun
I wither within the cold, I can barely breath.
My marrow freezes in the cold together with my bones aching.
Yet of all this, there is one place I can call home;
In your ‘arms’
My wishes to be there with you, for you and with you might be disappointed
But in my heart I have found a place to reside.
A place in our memories.
Beautiful desires I have in my entire one
For in your arms I find the one to love.
Come closer my love come closer to me,
Lest our hearts grieve nonchalance.... decree.
Every night I adore the sunset
And try to draw the last alms of heat from its day
I do send it from my heart to yours.
Your beauty gives me the pain senorita,
My heart hurts with pleasure,
My lungs explode with astonishment.
To behold, if I had one more night to live……
I would spend that night beside you.
You are the very palm of strength when I am desperate.
I believe in your arms to peacefully lay my sleep
And use every last breathe I would ever be granted
To tell you how much I love you.
This is what I want.
To dream about you in every sleep required.
I want to know that the best part of my life
Is still ahead of me.
I love you……..
EXIT: My earnest emotion
Painted on a deliberate core
My fervent Love
Bestowed on a patient soul
My desperate need
Prudent despair on earnest hearts
I love you……..
Monica Rupazo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Believe In You by Monica Rupazo )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Primary Colours, vince gullaci
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)