I Am The Mojave
I am the white quartz,
That sparkles so.
I am the Desert Willow.
I am the Santanas,
That burning blow.
I am the night eyes burning yellow.
Yellow, I am the creosote,
Covering the land.
I am the washes and the hills.
I am the golden grains of sand,
I am the cure, for all your ills.
I am great mountains,
Topped with snow.
I am the clear blue sky.
I am the friend you long to know,
I am the Ravens flying high.
High, I am the stars that shine,
The clear night air,
For endless miles.
I am the cool welcoming night,
Following the heat,
And noon day trials.
I am Coyotes I am the rattlesnakes,
I am Jackrabbits running free.
I am the land that takes, and takes,
I am the Desert, a vast dry sea.
I am called Mojave,
Yet what is in a name.
Some claim I am Paradise,
I am the Bronc, you will never tame,
Inside me you will find no lies.
I am abundant life, but also death,
Depending on your unique vision.
I'll take your soul, likewise your breath,
I'll drive you to the edge,
I can be your mortal enemy,
But much prefer,
That I should be your friend.
Many before have felt my lure,
I am the Mojave, I have no end.
9/5/13 Alton Texas.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (I Am The Mojave by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Snake-fire, gajanan mishra
- On Leaving the Bachelorette Brunch, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- tRyiNg 2 right 1 $eN10s i MiGht UnDerStand, sEaN nOrTh
- Love and Work, Rachel Todd Wetzsteon
- Artistic Need For Suffering, Kyle Schlicher
- Ten, John F. McCullagh
- A Memory On A Frozen Day, Kyle Schlicher
- The Lakota Sioux, Jim Yerman
- My sorrow - my life, gajanan mishra
- और इस तरह मैंने ज़िंदगी को आसान कर लिया..., Sandhya Jane