Kingsley Olaleye Reuben
I Am The Damsel You Are The Hero
It’s funny but I am the damsel an you are the hero
Though I am the hero an you are the damsel.
Like a monster with no weakness I rose my head proudly,
Till I saw your face an a heart of flesh I conceived.
Though I am a hero an you are the damsel, you saved me,
An I became thy helpless love in distress.
Like an addictive substance I craved you
But thy face like sunrise was scarce.
Suitor after suitor, sought thy hand
But only I sought thy heart.
Like a hero I fought off resistance that did pull you down to the depths of no return,
An I fought valiantly.
However your heart was not with me,
Though mine was with you.
You drew your sword like a hero,
But attacked me thy love an not your foe,
An I am slain in heartbreak.
Cant you see the darkness around you?
Though I am the hero an you are the damsel,
I am the damsel and you are the hero,
Defeated by yourself in murky pools of pride whose name is “hubris”.
An at lakes edge I wait patiently for you to return.
Kingsley Olaleye Reuben's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am The Damsel You Are The Hero by Kingsley Olaleye Reuben )
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver