I Am Not the Pilot
I am not a pilot and do not have
the technical knowledge or training
to analyze complicated data.
I am not a pilot but I did spend
22 years keeping those AF jets
repaired and ready for flight.
I love to talk about aircraft
and about our Lord.
Since I am not a pilot
(I only drive my Mustangs)
I am wondering if this data is correct.
I have always been fascinated by aircrafts
(and cars...) but I am not a pilot myself.
I am not the pilot.
Please do not ask me those questions
as I am not part of their operation.
Although I am not a pilot
I've talked to a few seasoned professionals.
I am not a model nor an actor.
I am not a pilot nor a teacher.
I am not an athlete.
I, Nicholas Gurley, am not a pilot.
I've studied all of the books,
so I know the basics of hurling
large metal cocoons filled with people into the sky,
but I have not taken the test
that allows me to take over the controls as of yet.
I do, however, know about pilots.
I am not a pilot and I never asked for your message.
I think what pilots do is wonderful.
I am not a pilot, but would be interested
in helping out in other ways.
I would have a hard life as a pilot.
I could only kill in self defense.
I am not a pilot, so I guess I don't understand
that whole 'brotherhood'.
Q: You are a pilot? That is SO cool!
A: I am NOT a pilot.
Since I am not a pilot, I really cannot comment.
Mr. XXL does not know me; else,
he would have known that I am not a pilot.
I do not play Russian Roulette with airplanes,
or otherwise; I value my life.
No, I am not a pilot.
When I take off within the airplane
and feel beneath my feet
that lonely piece of the ground
mysteriously flying in the sky,
my only desire is to leave it ASAP
and fly 'on my own'.
I know how my parachute works
but know nothing about the strange sounds the airplane makes
what those dozens of airplane indicators mean,
what the pilot is thinking.
I am not a pilot but I am: [Select an option]
How realistic the sky is,
I just can't say, since I am not a pilot.
I am not a pilot, and I cannot assert anything with 100 percent
Who's in charge then?
I am not a pilot.
I am not the pilot and I do not own the plane.
I am fairly proficient in martial arts, but I am not a pilot.
Repeat after me, 'I am not the pilot,
I will not attempt to fly the ship.'
Folks I am not a pilot and therefore
I am not at the glamorous end of the sword.
I have no feelings for the machine.
I know what pilots look like.
I am not a pilot but I am beginning to understand the pilot's cause:
it's the same one we all have.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (I Am Not the Pilot by Tony Tost )
- My Mermaid Muse, Erato
- A Zulu Kingdom, Margaret Alice Second
- Forever Purpurating Lavender, Stephen Warren Williams
- No Reason To Rush, Kewayne Wadley
- For To Be An Indian English Poet, An Eng.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Bag of Old Photographs, Mikey Bachman
- Surrealistic Bagging, michael walkerjohn
- What at a Sunrise Ends, michael walkerjohn
- Les Collaborations de Vie, michael walkerjohn
- Only movement, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)