Hymn XIII: Happy Soul that Free from Harms
Happy soul that free from harms
Rests within his Shepherd's arms!
Who his quiet shall molest?
Who shall violate his rest?
Jesus doth his spirit bear,
Jesus takes his every care;
He who found the wandering sheep,
Jesus still delights to keep.
O that I might so believe,
Steadfastly to Jesus cleave,
On his only love rely,
Smile at the destroyer nigh;
Free from sin and servile fear,
Have my Jesus ever near,
All his care rejoice to prove,
All his paradise of love!
Jesus, seek thy wandering sheep,
Bring me back, and lead, and keep;
Take on thee my every care,
Bear me, on thy bosom bear:
Let me know my Shepherd's voice,
More and more in thee rejoice,
More and more of thee receive,
Ever in thy Spirit live:
Live, till all thy life I know,
Perfect through my Lord below,
Gladly then from earth remove,
Gathered to the fold above.
O that I at last may stand
With the sheep at thy right hand,
Take the crown so freely given,
Enter in by thee to heaven!
John Wesley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hymn XIII: Happy Soul that Free from Harms by John Wesley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A.Blok, And again - the gusts... - Trans.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, A Painter - Translation (Rus.), Lyudmila Purgina
- One time..., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, Oh, no! You can't take off spell.., Lyudmila Purgina
- How Much Do You Love Hearts?, Ronald Chapman
- A.Blok, Before a court - Translation (Ru.., Lyudmila Purgina
- The Summit, Pankajam Kottarath
- The Second Day We Met, Ronald Chapman
- British Big Cats, Cynthia Fielding
- I.Severyanin, That events were at sea-sh.., Lyudmila Purgina