John Wesley (28 June 1703 - 2 March 1791 / Epworth, England)
Hymn X: Ye Thirsty For God, to Jesus Give Ear
Ye thirsty for God, To Jesus give ear,
And take, through his blood, A power to draw near;
His kind invitation Ye sinners embrace,
Accepting salvation, Salvation by grace.
Sent down from above, Who governs the skies,
In vehement love To sinners he cries,
Drink into my Spirit, Who happy would be,
And all things inherit By coming to me.
O Saviour of all, Thy word we believe!
And come at thy call, Thy grace to receive;
The blessing is given Wherever thou art.
The earnest of heaven Is love in the heart.
To us at thy feet The Comforter give,
Who gasp to admit Thy Spirit, and live;
The weakest believers Acknowledge for thine,
And fill us with rivers Of water divine.
Poet Other Poems
- Hymn I: O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing
- Hymn II: Come, Sinners, to the Gospel Fe...
- Hymn III: All That Pass By, to Jesus Dra...
- Hymn IV: Ho! Everyone That Thirsts, Draw...
- Hymn IX: Sinners, Obey the Gospel-Word!
- Hymn V: Thy Faithfulness, Lord
- Hymn VI: Sinners, Turn, Why Will Ye Die?
- Hymn VII: Let the Beasts Their Breath Re...
- Hymn VIII: What Could Your Redeemer Do
- Hymn X: Ye Thirsty For God, to Jesus Giv...
- Hymn XI: God, the Offended God Most High
- Hymn XII: Come, Ye That Love the Lord
- Hymn XIII: Happy Soul that Free from Har...
- Hymn XIV: Happy the Man That Finds the G...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.