Hymn II: Come, Sinners, to the Gospel Feast
Come, sinners, to the gospel feast,
Let every soul be Jesu's guest;
Ye need not one be left behind,
For God hath bidden all mankind.
Sent by my Lord, on you I call,
The invitation is to ALL:
Come, all the world; come, sinner, thou!
All things in Christ are ready now.
Come, all ye souls by sin opprest,
Ye restless wanderers after rest,
Ye poor, and maimed, and halt, and blind,
In Christ a hearty welcome find.
Come, and partake the gospel feast;
Be saved from sin; in Jesus rest;
O taste the goodness of your God,
And eat his flesh, and drink his blood!
Ye vagrant souls, on you I call;
(O that my voice could reach you all!)
Ye all may now be justified,
Ye all may live, for Christ hath died.
My message as from God receive,
Ye all may come to Christ, and live;
O let his love your hearts constrain,
Nor suffer him to die in vain!
His love is mighty to compel;
His conquering love consent to feel,
Yield to his love's resistless power,
And fight against your God no more.
See him set forth before your eyes,
That precious, bleeding sacrifice!
His offered benefits embrace,
And freely now be saved by grace.
This is the time; no more delay!
This is the acceptable day,
Come in, this moment, at his call,
And live for him who died for all.
John Wesley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hymn II: Come, Sinners, to the Gospel Feast by John Wesley )
- 울산 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●울산 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- I've Decided, Orlando Belo
- 울산(울산) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘울산 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 울산 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙울산 ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 울산 ANMA¿０１０¿５９３３¿０４３７¿울산 ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 울산 ANMA MASSAJE 010 ５９４６ ０３７７울산(울산) ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 울산(울산) ANMA》０１０ ４８６７ ７５８２《울산(울산) ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
- 산본 ANMA (ANMA) ☏０１０♭４８６７♭７５８２●산본 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 산본(산본) ANMA℡０１０↘２１７８↘９５０５↘산본 MASSAJE, masajejjaanngg lee
- 산본 MASSAJE⊙０１０◈４８３１◈３２１１⊙산본 ANMA, masajejjaanngg lee
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)