Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev
How Tuneful Is The Voice Of Sea
How tuneful is the voice of sea,
What true accord in ocean's murmur,
And in the reed's light, rhythmic tremour
What tender musicality!
In nature all is harmony,
A consonance fore'er agreed on,
And 'tis alone our phantom freedom
That is disturbingly off-key.
Whence comes this breach? How to explain
Why with the sea its song sonorous
The soul declines to sing in chorus?
Why does the thinking reed complain?
Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Tuneful Is The Voice Of Sea by Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
Poem of the Day
- An Old Love, David Lewis Paget
- Social Awkwardness, Emily Liang
- Ode to My Hands, Tim Seibles
- Ode on My Episiotomy, Kimberly Johnson
- Teaghlach (Family), Ewen Morrison
- love so pure, love so true, kat tommany
- THE MIDDLE GROUND, Satish Verma
- bonds of friendship, kat tommany
- valentine's day, kat tommany
- can i be your valentine's day, kat tommany