How Do We Deal With Prejudice?
even those of us who've worked very hard
at not being prejudiced, have some type of
prejudice remaining. for example:
it could be prejudice by color, over religion,
over political views, concerning sexual orient-
ation.... prejudice against those who have money,
or those who dont! ...etc.
all prejudice is wrong by nature, most of it grounded
in the 'self'... in our own irrational fears, and our
stubborn streak of ignorance....
it's always taught, but doesnt have to be allowed!
it ofen hides under the banner of morality, or the
flags of patriotism...
we battle prejudice by being open minded, being
willing to listen, and learning to see ourselves
in other people...
if we say we have no prejudices, we have lost,
and prejudice has us bound.
if we admit our prejudices, name them, look at
them with naked eyes and resolve, then we're making
prejudice in the end is humanity failing to be human!
being human is a 24 hour a day,7 days a week job!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (How Do We Deal With Prejudice? by Eric Cockrell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Situationships, abigail sikwenda
- Kind leaning, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dreamt About You, abigail sikwenda
- Please Remember, abigail sikwenda
- So near, yet so far..., Musical Ravi
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri
- Lackadaisical, Diane Hine
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal