How can the sound of boom
Make such beautiful waterfalls?
How can the red pure ground
Make such a cry of joy?
How can the running and the hiding
Make such a glorious victory?
How, how does this all make
People sing a song?
How does the burning fire
Make such a beautiful sight?
How can the yelling at each other
Make some people want to smile?
How can screaming 'cause of pain
Make tears of joy run down your cheeks?
How, how can not blinking
Make you open your eyes in joy?
And how, how can you stand there
And just watch the skies fall down
And how, how can you ignore a crying child
And just get on with your lives?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (How by Karen GonzalezVidela )
- In that unlikelihood, Mark Heathcote
- Blue ink, Donnie Wolff
- Tossing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Insanity, John Masaitis
- To My Juliet, Where The Chains Of Love a.., Captain Cur
- Roommates, S. I. Rednow
- That Last Piece of Cake, Phyllis Strong
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow