Hottentot Teal - Lincoln Park Zoo
A newborn hatched Hottentot teal,
A hatch first for Lincoln Park Zoo.
Tiz great to flap my wings, for real,
And do the doings ducklings do.
I am of species dabbling duck.
Come far from Africa, my kind.
But the Zoo is my home - what luck!
The nest is cozy that Mom lined.
I'm learning I'm omnivorous,
Insects and seeds are my fav lunch.
I am vocal - but do not cuss
At all those humans - what a bunch!
This Hottentot teal's hot to trot.
Oops - hot to waddle - I forgot.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hottentot Teal - Lincoln Park Zoo by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Truth in Prose, Patrick van der Loos
- Mindless Muddle, alex sarich
- The Autistic Land (Sonnet), Maria Magdalena Biela
- Love is love....., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Ode, Morgan Michaels
- Milk, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A ROBBER'S UGLY ORDEALS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To meet each other, Tiku akp
- Maintain That Level Of Decorum, Ronell Warren Alman
- Hunter, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..