Hoping for hope
Do I want to live?
To live I need hopes
Do I have hopes?
Then why I do not die?
Is that so simple like buying
Just go to a shop and say
I want to die
Pay the money wait for my turn
as there is bound to be
a waiting list
Then all that I can do
is to pray for hopes.
To make me alive
Living day after day
hoping for hopes
and suffer day after day
hoping for hopes.
Thomas Viruvelil's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hoping for hope by Thomas Viruvelil )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Chasing Rainbows, Rachel Nichols
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi