Braying are we.
Praying are they
For want of rain, found a way.
We feel honoured to get wedded.
Hence cornered and here seated.
A perfect ritual with right wedding attire
Arranged exclusively for their rain desire.
Clad in silk saree and dothi
Glad with flower garlands are we.
Our long ears tied with flower drops,
Sindhoor and holy ash adorning our foreheads,
A traditional music band in high spirits,
With hundreds of guests in high cheers,
The priest conducting with customary incantion,
The holy knot is tied in ovation.
Blessed are we.Cursed is the drought.
Wedding for the rains to be brought.
Untied now are our hind legs.
Happily kicking we run wagging our tails.
Any more donkey wedding? We're your hopes.
Indira Renganathan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hopes by Indira Renganathan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- You And I, Lili Domis
- Sonnet: Who Makes Money Wisely?, Dr John Celes
- Postcard For The Tin Soldier In Tintypes.., mary douglas
- I Submit, I Am Krakatoa
- till the last blood, binod bastola
- When Public Limited Company Goes Under, Terence G. Craddock
- We are three friends, gajanan mishra
- Single march, hasmukh amathalal
- It is unpleasant to live with mental uns.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- What to tell, hasmukh amathalal