You are a friend
in a strange place.
In a crowd of people
you are a familiar face
You are a light
in a dark room.
You are the sun
that helps flowers bloom
You gave me happy thoughts
when all i knew was doom.
You protect me...
like a baby in a womb
You saved my life
when I wanted to die.
you always held me
when I thought I would cry
You made me feel loved...
you made me understand
when I was confused
you held my hand
I wish I could do the same
I wish I could help you too
but I guess I'm just a f*** up
through and through
I want to make you better
but I only make you worse
I guess I can only help you
once I'm laying in a hearse
You gave me hope
now I'm giving you some
once I'm gone, think
of everything you can become
I'll leave you a note
tied onto my rope
where I hang by my neck
'Don't ever lose hope'
Jessica Anonymous's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hope. by Jessica Anonymous )
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Ithaca, Constantine P. Cavafy
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Francis Duggan