We rose early in the African heat
To watch the animals hunt and compete.
My new bride and I with our Kenyan guide
Felt safe and secure with him by our side.
Sweating and watching from a tree top hut
We watched wild animals hunt, kill and rut.
Musky scent filled the air,
Marking territory for others to fear.
The sun, the heat, the strong air causes my wife to lose her mind.
Next thing I see is the guide taking her from behind.
Derrick Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Honeymoon Safari by Derrick Thompson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar
- I don't know what to think of it, shubham sutar
- you lives in me, shubham sutar
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola